Re: Configuring icons with OAS 10g (Forms application)

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 16:52:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 27, 3:24 pm, Michael Austin <maus..._at_firstdbasource.com> wrote:
> joel garry wrote:
> > On Apr 27, 11:23 am, "Kike" <p..._at_gunta.es> wrote:
> >> Hello,
>
> >> I'm getting desperate with the OAS 10g configuration. I'm tring to install a
> >> Forms & Reports 10g application, and I'm having no problems with the forms &
> >> reports. But, I'm not able to see the icons (gif format) in runtime. I
> >> haven't got any problem to see them in developing-time, but I can't see them
> >> later, with the application running.
>
> >> I've been reading a lot of documents about this, but nothing works. I've
> >> tried to map a virtual directory named "icons" to a physical one also named
> >> "icons", inside the main application folder. I've tried to pack the icons to
> >> a JAR file, and adding it to the classpath in the configuration file.
> >> Nothing :-(
>
> >> Any idea? Can anybody explain it to me step-by-step, please? I've got
> >> installed the Oracle Forms & Reports Services 10g Application Server.
>
> >> Thanks a lot.
>
> >> Best Regards,
> >> Kike.
>
> > I'm way out of date on this, but I take it you're talking about
> > metalink notes 730216.1, 208272.1 and 803922.1 ?
>
> > What is your default.icons.iconpath ?  Poke around in the registry,
> > something may be amiss.
>
> > jg
> > --
> > _at_home.com is bogus.
> >http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com/2009/03/reducing-xss-by-way-...
>
> currently being out of work, I no longer have access to Metalink :(  I
> could become a part of the Oracle PartnerNetwork but that would cost me
> about $2K-USD.

Yeah, what a ripoff. When I was independent, I had a few places who didn't want to deal with Oracle offer to buy from me, and it was still not worth it. A few more places, or a big place, or me changing my target market, would have made it worth it. As I recall, it made a lot more sense for to have someone apps certified or Oracle Master involved - the latter costed out at something like $6K plus lost DBA wages. That may be worth it if that's what you do, but I'm in a slightly more obscure space.

But you can still get metalink for something like $150, and that may well be worth it, especially if you wind up doing onesie-twosies until you find a real job (or decide you like independance, or hook up with an existing partner and don't want to be dependent). I think Hans over in OTN mentioned the details recently, but of course, if you can't figure it out...

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
There's always support of Windows 7 virtual...