dbms_lob.fileopen hangs/won't return

From: doug <douglass_davis_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 13:00:57 -0700 (PDT)

Every time I run the code below, it just hangs. If I run it in SQL Developer it just sits there waiting on a response. Any one have any ideas why? This is a short version code I have in an application that opens a file/indexes the text, and it is causing the application to freeze up too.

DECLARE
        src_file BFILE;
BEGIN
        src_file := bfilename('SOME_DOC_DIR', '0.pdf');

  • open the file dbms_lob.fileopen(src_file, dbms_lob.file_readonly);
  • close the file dbms_lob.fileclose(src_file);

END; Thanks. Received on Mon Apr 27 2009 - 15:00:57 CDT

Original text of this message