Re: Database Size Limit with Oracle 10g Standard Edition

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 12:13:32 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 23, 9:02 am, "Dereck L. Dietz" <diet..._at_ameritech.net> wrote:
> I haven't been able to find anything other than 11g specifications yet ...
>
> I remember once seeimg 10g specifications saying the maximum database size
> for the Oracle 10g Standard Edition was 500GB.  Is that correct?

Highly doubtful.

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14237/limits.htm#i287915 http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/license.102/b14199/editions.htm#BABJICBB

The problem is you can't buy the partitioning option, though nothing says you can't roll your own or not even need it. You may have seen some practical limitations for some particular thing, but 20 32G files... why not try it, buy a couple "Terrabyte" disks for $100 ea...

Of course, I'm on EE, may be totally wrong.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/apr/23/1b23qcom21927-qualcomm-nears-deal-broadcom-lawsuit/?uniontrib