Re: Can AQ under CDC be directly accessed?

From: malcolm <malcolmarnold_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 15:21:28 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 23, 4:26 pm, ErikYkema <erik.yk..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to access the Oracle AQ that is underneath the CDC subscriber
> window directly.
> Can it be done? How is the AQ named and can messages be consumed from
> the AQ without crashing CDC?
>
> Background information:
> This is for message based integration (JMS) of an ERP system to an
> ESB.
> CDC nicely captures the changes on the source and near-real time by AQ-
> JMS this could be sent to the ESB.
> I would like to do this without a polling mechanism that checks the
> CDC subscriber window every x minutes and then processes that in bulk,
> as the transactions appear.
>
> Thanks,
> Erik Ykema

Hi Erik,

It doesn't look like you got much of a response to your query...

But your problem looks interesting to me at least! If you find a neat / elegant solution to what you're trying to do, would you mind posting an update? I see myself wanting to do something similar in the future.

Thanks,
Malcolm Received on Wed Jan 28 2009 - 17:21:28 CST

Original text of this message