Re: Script to detect any changes to database

From: Eric Junkermann <eric_at_deptj.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 20:20:31 +0000

On 2009-01-27, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 03:57:58 -0800, trub3101 wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Would anyone have a nice neat little script that can do the above? Also
>> what the actual changes were would be handy!
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>
>> tb3101
>

> It's called "auditing" and it's free in the recent versions of the
> database. It was introduced in Oracle 5 (I am sure that Oracle 5.1.22 had
> auditing) and is an integral part of the Oracle RDBMS ever since.

5.1.22 - now that's a while ago. I was there. Auditing? Yes, I think you're right. But the memories are getting a little faded, and I wasn't particularly interested in auditing at the time.

The OP didn't make it particularly clear whether it was data changes or schema changes that were the issue though, and it does affect the answer.

OP, please elaborate.

E. Received on Tue Jan 27 2009 - 14:20:31 CST

Original text of this message