Re: RMAN NEWNAME FEATURE

From: <paul_at_paulpowell.plus.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 11:39:11 -0800 (PST)

On 27 Jan, 19:27, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
> On Jan 27, 11:09 am, p..._at_paulpowell.plus.com wrote:

> > > RMAN is a physical backup, so won't make a structural change like
> > > this.  You either need to use logical backups or make the change
> > > before or after the clone.  You may want to specify tablespaces with
> > > create index to control where things go.
>
> > > jg
> > > --
> > > _at_home.com is bogus.
> > > stupid now or stupid later.http://media.www.thelantern.com/media/storage/paper333/news/2009/01/2...quoted text -

> > Thanks for the response I didn't think it was possible we are unable
> > to do the change before due to the source being a Production server,
> > and there is not enough space on the Destination server for the large
> > datafiles that exist in Production.
>
> > We will use exp/imp to do the clone until we are able to gain more
> > space on the test server.
>
> > Again many thanks for your response.
>
> You might be able to skip the index tablespace in the restore, and
> script creation of index ts and indexes.  Haven't really thought it
> through.  Note you can get the index creation scripts from exp/imp,
> among other ways.
>
> jg
> --
> _at_home.com is bogus.
> In case of problems, please call your organisation's IT Helpdesk.- Hide quoted text -

The script in my description was for demostration purposes and is not just an index tablespace all datafiles are of a large size on Production. I intend to badger my Support teams to get more disk space allocated to the test server and was looking for possible other solutions. I am unable to specify the exact sizes as I am out of the office.

Again thank you for your time on this matter. Received on Tue Jan 27 2009 - 13:39:11 CST

Original text of this message