Re: unknow appliaction in ORA grid

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 06:33:16 -0800 (PST)

On 21 jan, 15:10, Bala <kbk..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> So, with another words:
>
> The Grid Appl layer is trasparent for any application or not?
>
> Thanks,
> Bala
>
> On jan. 21, 10:19, Bala <kbk..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi All,
> > just a very simple question:
> > I have an general business appliaction what using ORA database (wrote
> > in Delphi)
>
> > A company would like to use this application, and this comapany have a
> > Grid 1.0 architecture.
> > Do I need any modification on my oracle access layer, or not?
>
> > This company simple can use my application?
>
> > Thanks,
> > Bala- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

If by 'Grid' you mean RAC, and your application isn't a *scalable* OLTP application (ie uses full table scans extensively), you may be in for unpleasant surprises.
You need to bear in mind Cache Fusion (the mechanism to keep multiple SGAs in sync) and inter-instance locking are the achilles heel of RAC. If your application is a database neutral app, written in SQL server, and just ported to Oracle, it is not going to work ever in a RAC environment.
Been there, done that. It was not funny, as the developers only knew how to pronounce and write the word Oracle.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA