Re: Help required - URGENT PLS

From: Charles Hooper <hooperc2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 06:50:03 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 10, 4:36 pm, Steve Howard <stevedhow..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> No clue.  I didn't even care if it was Palooka or not.  I just found
> it funny (in a sad way) that the posters IP address, 82.2.225.128,
> comes from the UK and not Asia (at as least as represented by
> geobytes.com).
>
> The three minutes I spent on this are already too much, so I'll move
> on.

Steve, that was a great idea to check the OP's IP address - I had not thought about doing that. The first two octets of the OP's IP address match the first two octets of the posts made by the other Palooka.

The contents of this thread are somewhat reassuring. Should someone else have a problem similar to the OP, Jim, Mladen Gogala, and Mark Powell offered great advice. I attempted to list those items that seem to be required by this Usenet group when posting requests for help, and this did not result in an argument between the grumpy old men. Steve Howard suggested using the posting IP address to determine the OP's approximate geographical location. Robert posted some much needed humor in an otherwise mostly dry Usenet group. Noons found that part of Sybrand's post was a play on words. I probably missed a couple other highlights, but it is good to see that this group is still frequented by a group of talented people who work with Oracle databases (just in case I have a severe problem with Oracle databases and need some to help identify the problem).

Noons, congratulations, you made the news: http://www.dba-oracle.com/oracle_news/news_oracle_customer_complains_about_high_cost_low_quality_support.htm Good to see that there is an alternative for Metalink, I wonder if they provide Oracle patches also. :-)

Charles Hooper
IT Manager/Oracle DBA
K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc. Received on Sun Jan 11 2009 - 08:50:03 CST

Original text of this message