gc buffer busy and rac testing

From: helter skelter <helterskelter_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 12:35:52 +0100

Hi,

I'am testing 2 node RAC but I haven't got too much experince with this technology and I am little puzzled after test results. I used Swingemch (order_entry test) and when I ran this test on 2 nodes RAC performance is much lower then on only one node of this cluster.

TPS
2 nodes - 324
1 node - 473

TMP
2 nodes - 17571
1 node - 25272

When I look at waits I see (2 node test) that 60% are "gc buffer busy". Isn't it too much ? any advices what more can I check?

Tablespace is localy managed, with auto segment space management and system allocation type. Interconnect on dedicated 1GB ethernet. Oracle 10.2.0.4 (standard edition) on RHEL5 with asm.

thakns Received on Thu Jan 08 2009 - 05:35:52 CST

Original text of this message