Export question 10gR2 - different query for different tables

From: Jeremy <jeremy0505_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 18:17:48 -0000

Oraclr 10gR2 - 10.2.0.1

Hi the exp utility supports a "query" parameter - is it possible to specify this on a per table basis within a single parameter file? The way I understand it this is not possible - the query will be applied to all tables in the export.

However it appears that expdp supports a table-specific query syntax which would satisfy the need.

Am I reading this right? I beleive I can use expdp instead of exp but that it will write the dump files to the DB server instead of via the network to the client and that therefore we have to create directory objects to use it.

Thanks for any comments.

--
jeremy