Re: When should one rebuild an index?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 09:03:08 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 02 Jan 2009 11:05:55 +1100, Noons wrote:
>> In the past couple of years well not so much.

> Any wonder why?

No, I toned down my activity, too. I had a good laughter when I took a look at Steve Adams' politically correct oracle list. Juan Pacheco Reyes, an old "friend" of mine, just advised the list to look at some "astral projection" book. I wonder whether astral projections could help him with diagnosing the performance problems.

Sad conclusion is that all oracle lists have become meeting place for bozos and rude newbies, not willing to invest a minimal effort into learning. All things being said, this is still my favorite place because there is no censorship. I would advise B.J. to go to Steve's list. It's useless anyway but Steve will duly protect his feelings from being hurt.

--
Mladen Gogala
http://mgogala.freehostia.com