Re: Oracle NULL vs '' revisited

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 18:47:08 -0700

Tony Rogerson wrote:

>> Look I don't want to play some game with you but please take a second to
>> review what I do for a living. You can't baffle me with BS so if you
>> want to make a point do some research and learn something about the
>> subject.

> RFLOL
>
> You do Oracle for a living, not SQL Server; your page is so biased and
> unprofessional, it makes you look like a little kid; do you really think
> that if you say something long enough it will become true?
>
> Let's look at other stuff you'll probably also stick your head in the
> sand with....

No. Lets stick with the fact that so far everything you've written has been incorrect as proven by Microsoft's own documentation and as I am about to demonstrate again below.

> "System Triggers" and your statement "no equiv"
>
> CREATE TRIGGER safety
> ON DATABASE
> FOR DROP_TABLE, ALTER_TABLE
> AS
> PRINT 'You must disable Trigger "safety" to drop or alter tables!'
> ROLLBACK
> ;

Brilliant except that what you just wrote is NOT a system trigger. If you look under DDL Triggers (DROP and ALTER TABLE are DDL) you will find that I have it absolutely correct.

Look I'd really like to humor you but this nonsense is totally off-topic and your rant is about my web page and that has nothing to do with c.d.o.server.

Also, it seems pointless to contribute to your further attempts to dig that hole you are in any deeper. The page is again proven correct and you are again shown to be displaying your ignorance of both Oracle and SQL Server. So either get on-topic or contact me off-line: Otherwise you will be ignored.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington