Re: local copy of remote database -- how to solve this case?

From: T-BAG <T-BAG_at_prisonbreak.invalid.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 21:31:04 +0200

Guys, thanks for all the input in this thread. I think I'll try materialized view approach.

I created a query that "generates" the script which i can run locally:

select 'CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW ' || t.TABLE_NAME || ' AS SELECT * FROM ' || t.TABLE_NAME || '@DBLINK;' || chr(10) from all_tables t where t.OWNER = 'ABC' and t.NUM_ROWS > 0

and now I am stuck with indexes. is there a similar solution to write a query that could "generate" the script used to create indexes locally as they appear on the remote database?

and my second question is about LONG type columns: will the appear properly in the materialized view or creating materialized view will be impossible with such colums?

I would greatly appreciate your help.

thanks,
T-BAG Received on Thu May 31 2007 - 14:31:04 CDT