Re: how to find what sql being cached

From: Charles Hooper <hooperc2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 May 2007 18:52:43 -0700

On May 29, 8:30 pm, Susan <susan..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is v$sqlarea a view that stored all sql that are being cached in
> shared pool? If not, where can I find such information? Thanks.

http://www.oracle.com/pls/db102/search?word=v%24sqlarea&partno=

The first link returned by the search engine is this page: http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14237/dynviews_2129.htm

At the top of that page is the following "V$SQLAREA lists statistics on shared SQL area and contains one row per SQL string. It provides statistics on SQL statements that are in memory, parsed, and ready for execution."

Another interesting link is this one, which provides quick access to the many V$ views, among other things:
http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14237/index.htm

The Instance Tuning portion of the Oracle 10g R2 Performance Tuning Guide makes several references to the V$SQLAREA view: http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14211/instance_tune.htm

Charles Hooper
IT Manager/Oracle DBA
K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc. Received on Tue May 29 2007 - 20:52:43 CDT