Re: invoking exp

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 29 May 2007 11:50:49 -0700

On May 29, 1:36 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:

> While I agree with some others that you seem to have it in for Dan,
> and you should give that up, I think your comment that an instructor
> should brush up on this functionality was an appropriate comment.

The more people advertise and promote themselves their websites their consulting efforts and their employers here on cdos the more the behavior appears to be "drive by spamming".

On both a personal and professional basis the most competent oracle professionals that I know don't act like that.

> Anyone can make a dumb comment here, we can be decent about pointing
> it out, especially when it varies by version (well, exp v. expdmp,
> included with client or optional, whatever).

The original post said "invoking exp" which makes it pretty clear to me.

Exp still exists and works in 10g the same way it always did. Can you run it over the network and get the dmp file created locally? I sure can. Received on Tue May 29 2007 - 13:50:49 CDT