Re: Comparison of Oracle commans Vs. SQL Server Commands

From: EscVector <Junk_at_webthere.com>
Date: 24 May 2007 12:10:05 -0700

On May 23, 10:09 am, Brian Peasland <d..._at_nospam.peasland.net> wrote:
> Geri Reshef wrote:
> > Where can I find a short comparision of SQL comands of both products?
> > I need to find the Oracle equivalents of some SQL Server commands
> > (e.g. date functions).
>
> This is one of the better ones I've found:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2000/reskit/part2/c0...
>
> It's written by Microsoft in the hopes you'll migrate to SQL Server, but
> you can use the doc to go the other way too!
>
> Cheers,
> Brian
>
> --
>
> Brian Peasland
> d...@nospam.peasland.nethttp://www.peasland.net
>
> Remove the "nospam." from the email address to email me.
>
> "I can give it to you cheap, quick, and good.
> Now pick two out of the three" - Unknown
>
> --

I've taken and passed the MSSQL and Oracle cert tests and that doc is pretty bad.... Oracle 7...? Why not compare 10g to SQLServer 7? Whew!

Why not simply know what function you need and refer to the actual Oracle docs rather than some comparison list? It doesn't take that long.

http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/toc.htm Received on Thu May 24 2007 - 14:10:05 CDT