Re: Performance View

From: Andrea <netsecurity_at_tiscali.it>
Date: 24 May 2007 06:03:51 -0700

On 24 Mag, 07:11, anarayth.z..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have several questions in Oracle server performance, any experts out
> there could answer my questions. Thanks very much.
>
> 1) When I experience the Oracle server is very slow, which performance
> view should I see in order to determine the caused?

all V$ are performance views. v$sgastat, v$sesstat, v$session are most important, but also verify server performance (ram,I/O,CPU)

> 2) How do I know if my SQL running in Oracle has sufficient resources

v$session and some dictionary views are useful (dba_tables, dba_segments, etc.) with dba_stats package to make statistics

> 3) How do I know which task running in Oracle is resources demanding?

V$session joined with V$sesstat

see Oracle DBA Performance Tuning on-line documentation Received on Thu May 24 2007 - 08:03:51 CDT