Re: OEM console compatibility with previous releases

From: Ben <balvey_at_comcast.net>
Date: 23 May 2007 10:44:54 -0700

On May 23, 1:22 pm, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On 23 May 2007 10:09:56 -0700, Ben <bal..._at_comcast.net> wrote:
>

> >9.2.0.5 Ent Ed on AIX5L
> >I'm in the process of upgrading to 10.2.0.3. In preparation I'm
> >installing the client software on a few windows machines and testing
> >that running against the 9i databases on our AIX servers. I'm having
> >some trouble on my machine with various applications.
> >I figured out that my old install of OEM console will not work using
> >the new 10g home. So I've installed the new OEM console for 10g and
> >I'm just curious if there might be any compatibility issues with
> >running OEM console from my windows machine on our 9i databases? I've
> >done some searching on metalink and can't find a compatibility matrix
> >on it.
> >Also, if anyone is familiar with Toad, is there a way to have Toad
> >point to the new client home? I've tried setting environment variables
> >for oracle_home and tns_admin and it sees the new tnsnames.ora file
> >but it is still trying to use the old 9i home and .dll files. The
> >version of Toad that I am running is an old freeware version, and I'm
> >actually not as concerned about it since I've started using
> >SqlDeveloper.
> >Thanks,
> >Ben
>
> 10g Grid control should be capable to manage 9i databases. And yes, it
> is documented, probably in the grid control installation
> documentation.
> The connect window in Toad has an Oracle Home locator. You can select
> one and simply tick it as the default.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA- Hide quoted text -

Forgive my ignorance here, but are 10g Grid Control and Oracle Enterprise Manager console (the windows install located on the client cd) the same thing? I'm a little confused as to the differences in the OEM Grid Control install cds, that include a patch to 10.2.0.3 on a seperate disk and the version that is included on the client disk. I know the Grid Control install disks are for AIX but why isn't there a patch for the windows client version? Received on Wed May 23 2007 - 12:44:54 CDT