OCI prefetching REF CURSORS

From: <remius_at_lycos.es>
Date: 22 May 2007 05:01:50 -0700

Hi All,

My application connects to an Oracle Server 9i via OCI. I have all my select statements on stored procedures, for this I use REF CURSOR to return the result sets.
It is working correct but in some cases, because one trip to the server is needed for each row returned by the stored procedure, is very slow.

Is there any way to enable prefetching of rows when using stored procedures and REF CURSORs ?
If not, is there any other possiblity to improve perfomance when using ref cursor ?

Thanks in advance... Received on Tue May 22 2007 - 07:01:50 CDT