Which OAS?

From: Michael42 <melliott42_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 May 2007 21:02:45 -0700

Hello,

Though I have been scouring Oracle's site I am no closer to determining which OAS I need for my envrionemnt (Sun Solaris 10). This will be a new install where we wish to install OAS for the pupose of using Oracle's Portal. Though we use Oracle 10g databases we do not have any OAS installs (i.e no legacy code base to consider).

  1. What OAS version would be the best choice if implementing it for the first time?
  2. Over and above the docs, can you pass on any lesson's learned in implementing it?

My guess is Application Server 10g Release 3 (10.1.3.1.0) but there is this new product called Oracle WebCenter 10g Release 3 (10.1.3.2.0).

Thanks for you advice,

Michael Received on Sat May 19 2007 - 23:02:45 CDT