Re: sga_max_size problem (Warning in alert log)

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM_ME.NOT_at_verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 11:50:28 GMT

On Wed, 16 May 2007 04:03:06 -0700, Valentin Minzatu wrote:

> I would have preferred to have my bad advice(s) corrected in relation to
> the problem instead of personal attack, but maybe I need to review my
> principles as well.

Your "advice" was that there was not enough memory to allocate 4G SGA. Unix, and therefore Solaris, is a 64bit virtual memory system that can maintain huge address space with relatively small physical memory. Nuff said about that "advice".
Also, you were rambling about "copying" when I replied to Ronny with a statement that standby database must be mounted.

--
http://www.mladen-gogala.com