Re: 10gR2 RAC install... Checking existence of VIP Node application -- failed

From: Cristian Cudizio <cristian.cudizio_at_yahoo.it>
Date: 11 May 2007 05:15:19 -0700

On May 11, 1:18 pm, "J.Flinterm..._at_googlemail.com" <J.Flinterm..._at_googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 11 Mai, 13:05, Cristian Cudizio <cristian.cudi..._at_yahoo.it> wrote:

> > > Hi!...
>
> > > I've got the same Problem @ the moment!...
> > > the only thing is, that I'm trying to work with SLES 10 /(Yes I know
> > > officially it is not supported by Oracle, but I fixed every
> > > differences an we want to work with this distrib.
>
> > > so ok I will try to fix the thing like u, but what is about the
> > > missing packages?!... i didnt find them anywhere?!...
> > > what can u tell me about that?...
>
> > > it seems like u fixed this problme too.
>
> > > it would be nice if u can give me an answer as fast as possible until
> > > mondy this project should work!...
>
> > > thank u
>
> > > Julian
>
> > Oracle 10gR2 is certified on SLES 10
>
> > bye
> > Cristian Cudizio
>
> >http://oracledb.wordpress.comhttp://cristiancudizio.wordpress.com-Zitierten Text ausblenden -
>
> > - Zitierten Text anzeigen -
>
> Hey...
>
> yes!... it is since some days I think.
> some days ago we talk to an oracle pre sales manager and he told us
> that is us not supoorted until now.
> So we tried to fix the "proiblem" and told 10R2 to believe it runs on
> a SLES 9
>
> but my problem is still the same, when I run the cluvfy it tolds me
> that the VIP connection is not reachable... like in this thread in a
> msg above of ryansinn.
> also the sam problme the missing packeges
> compat-db
> compat-gccc
> and so on...
>
> I tried to find these packeges for SLES or Linux x86 but didnt find
> anything typical for SLES . Just found some p. for RHEL and so on. I
> treid to install them in hopeness to fix the problme with these ones.
> but my yast told me that they are not supoorted or something in this
> way.
>
> It sounds a little bit unlogical to me, cause if SLES 10 is cetified,
> but clusterware requires some packeges whcih are not available, the
> certification is not 100 %.
> Know what I mean?
>
> or can u tell me where I'll find these packeges whcih work on SLES 10
> to configure opur RAC
>
> thanks
>
> Julian

Really i don't know precisely how time it is that 10gR2 is certified on SLES 10 but i'm sure is at least two months. I think that sales people is not very well informed.

Have you tried to see at http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/linux/validated-configurations/index.html ?
there can be interesting informations on packages required and useful.

http://cristiancudizio.wordpress.com Received on Fri May 11 2007 - 07:15:19 CDT