Re: death knell for Informix

From: jgar the jorrible <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 8 May 2007 10:50:33 -0700

On May 6, 9:34 pm, Bill Martinez <n..._at_dev.null> wrote:
> Serge Rielau wrote:
> > Tool wrote:
>
> >> I hate SQL so as a general rule I try to avoid it.
>
> > ?!
>
> I dunno _ hate work as a general rule, so I try to avoid it as much as
> possible, but for some reason I like getting paychecks so I keep going back.

You ought to find something you _like_ to do, the optimizer automagically deworks it.

SQL does have its uses, even if it sometimes isn't the best language for what it has been used for.

Hey Data Cruncher: Does Fair Use mean copying entire articles to usenet?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"First thing to go is the knees - first the left knee, then the right