Stored Outlines

From: dombrooks <dombrooks_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 May 2007 09:57:27 -0700

I have some stored outlines that aren't being used and I can't figure out why.
Not sure what the best next step is.

Unfortunately, this is 8.1.7.4 - appreciate it's an old version, it's upgrading imminently.

The production database has *some* statistics - a really crap situation which again is on the path to being rectified.

Some queries have been developed which work ok against a development database where all objects have some representative statistics.

Not surprisingly, these queries do not work at all well against a production-like database where only some objects have statistics, and some of those are stale (the CBO makes up some defaults and not surprisingly gets bad paths).

So, the idea was to:
- Capture stored outlines for queries against "good" database

Unfortunately, in the "bad" database, the stored outlines are not being used.
- I have set "alter session set use_stored_outlines=....."

What could / should my next steps be to determine what is going on ? Received on Thu May 03 2007 - 11:57:27 CDT