Re: VS2005 Data Source Configuration Wizard and Oracle

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 2 May 2007 10:26:21 -0700

On May 2, 10:33 am, carto..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> I am brand new to Oracle and working with .Net 2.0 in VS2005. I would
> like to do with Oracle what I do with MS SQL, that is add the data
> connection to the Data Source view via the Data Source Configuration
> Wizard. I am selecting the ".NET Framework Data Provider for
> Oracle". I don't know how to format the Server name correctly. I
> have tried just the DNS name (oracleDBSserver.company.com) and the
> server/DNS name (DevInstance/oracleDBSserver.company.com) and they
> don't work. What is the correct format for the "Server name"?

Setting up connections like this to an oracle database depend on getting the details about how the dba and/or the system administrator have configured both server names and oracle parameters.

Best suggestion is to contact the responsible dba or development lead for your organization. Received on Wed May 02 2007 - 12:26:21 CDT