Re: apply patch 9.2.0.6 on 9.2.0.1.

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 5 Jan 2007 10:58:29 -0800

aman.oracle.dba wrote:
> To apply patch 9.2.0.6 on 9.2.0.1.
> Do we have to apply all patches between them means 1st 9.2.0.2 then
> 9.2.0.3 then 9.2.0.4 then 9.2.0.5 and then 9.2.0.6. Or can I do it
> directly. on windows XP

Patchesets are cumulative. If you put on 9.2.0.6 then anything prior is taken care of ( either the patchset includes the earlier fixes or supercedes them ).

Instead of 9.2.0.6 I would think of 9.2.0.8 it's more current and has been relatively stable at my shop.

You need an active oracle support contract to download patchsets and patches. You do this via metalink ( oracle online support ) at www.oracle.com . There's a built in search utility from the metalink Patches & Updates browser tab that let's you search and identify ( then download ) the ones you need.

Each has a readme file along with oracle note identifiers and you should take the time to research all of this information before even thinking about applying it to any systems.

Hope that helps. Received on Fri Jan 05 2007 - 12:58:29 CST