Re: Is this a bug?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 15:41:11 -0800

Niall Litchfield wrote:
> DA Morgan wrote:

>>> I wish my customers were as tolerant as you are....
>> When a company goes to the effort to put a reference of keywords into
>> their product then it becomes the obligation of the developers and DBAs
>> to use it.

> It would be nice though if reserved words were always reserved though,
> that is the column couldn't have been created in the first place - not
> that that worked fine but the trigger fails.

I agree with nice: In fact I said exactly the same thing a few posts back. But truly Oracle can not protect people who don't read from themselves.

Developers and DBAs need to learn about the tools they use just as an engineer needs to have certain knowledge to design a bridge. The difference here is that you need to prove your competence before they will let you design a bridge. All you need to be a developer is to put the word "developer" on your resume.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington