Re: Is this a bug?

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_arcor.de>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 18:08:52 +0100

Valentin Minzatu schrieb:
> .... or go even further and run:
>
> SELECT DISTINCT owner, column_name, data_type
> FROM dba_tab_columns
> WHERE column_name IN (SELECT keyword
> FROM v$reserved_words) AND owner LIKE
> 'SYS%';

To be honest, i had no pleasure seing the results from this query. It seems to me as potential issues in certain circumstances ( like the OP example with trigger referenced the table). My personal favorite in this context is

SELECT WHERE FROM V$LATCH_MISSES which can't be parsed without doublequoting the column name... (or , why bother , "select *" do it well enough ;-))

Best regards

Maxim Received on Thu Jan 04 2007 - 11:08:52 CST