Re: Problems with OUI......anyone ever see this?

From: <amerar_at_iwc.net>
Date: 31 May 2006 07:21:49 -0700

gazzag wrote:
> amerar_at_iwc.net wrote:
> > FOUND IT.........there is a line in the response file there is a line
> > which points to the products.xml file. Dumb thing had an extra period.
> >
> > Problem is, now that I fixed that, the next error on the line is:
> >
> > Error:Values for the following variables could not be obtained from the
> > command line or response file(s):
> > ORACLE_HOME(OracleHome),
> > ORACLE_HOME_NAME(OracleHomeName)
> > Silent install cannot continue.
> >

> > And those values ARE in the response file.........
> >
> > The quest continues!
>
> What does env|grep ORA give you? I'd try explicitly exporting those
> environment variables to set them correctly.
>
> HTH
>
> -g

Ok, totally weird. Someone started the listener. The database and listener obviously need to be shutdown. Shut down the listener and the silent install started to run.

But the error message is TOTALLY misleading...........

Patch is applying as we speak. We'll wait for the result. Received on Wed May 31 2006 - 09:21:49 CDT