Re: How to configure application server to connect to a two-node oracle RAC database

From: picksdba <Utpal.Dhar_at_gmail.com>
Date: 30 May 2006 13:46:18 -0700

I appreciate your reply. I have donwloaded the file and after going through all the files, i do not know what i should be doing or what i should be looking for or what i should configure. I have zero knowledge of Java.

We have an orion application server which has the following configuration in the Data-sources.xml file which connects to one of the two nodes of the Oracle RAC Database.

	<data-source
		class="com.evermind.sql.DriverManagerDataSource"
		name="Oracle"
		location="jdbc/DbCoreDS"
		xa-location="jdbc/xa/DbXADS"
		ejb-location="jdbc/DbPooledDS"
		connection-driver="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
		username="tcfk2"
		password="xxxxxx"
		url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@10.10.3.24:1521:saracenp1"
		inactivity-timeout="30"
		min-connections="20"
		max-connections="100"

/>

All i need to know is what all do i need to do so that when clients connect they are able to connect to both the instances (automatically by load balancing i guess) and not just one.

By the way, your site is pretty good and i will definately go through it.

Thanks,
Utpal Received on Tue May 30 2006 - 15:46:18 CDT