Re: Standby Database - convert working standby to primary

From: JEDIDIAH <jedi_at_nomad.mishnet>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 09:23:14 -0500

On 2006-05-16, BD <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>alter database activate standby database;
>
> You sure about that? I had thought that activating the standby rendered
> the primary unuseable.

        Nope.

        It renders the standby unusable as a standby.

        Try it out for yourself on a couple of small test databases.

        The primary might have problems with the standby being unavailable. However, this is an issue with the standby being unavailable in general and not necessarily related to whether or not it has been activated. It's a function of how your archive log destinations are configured on the primary.

[deletia]

--

	Truth is irrelevant as long as the predictions are good.      |||
                                                                     / | \

                http://www.usenet.com