SQL Loader - Direct path loading of a sequence number

From: Esach <esach2_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 May 2006 14:20:26 -0700

Is it possible to reference an Oracle Sequence number while loading data with SQL Loader using the direct path option in Oracle 9.2? I ran a test and SQL Loader appears to ignore the EXPRESSION column - it actually sets the column to NULL when it is a NOT NULL column. Syntax used in the control file:

  load data

  (
  TBL_ID EXPRESSION "MYTBL_SEQ.NEXTVAL",

  )

This syntax works without the "direct=true" directive.

I know there is an internal Sequence generator available in Sql Loader, but I do not want to use this option as I'd like to generate an ever increasing value after every load without scanning the table for the MAX ID. Thanks. Received on Tue May 16 2006 - 16:20:26 CDT