Re: Where to start

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 10:08:06 -0700

proccontents wrote:
> Hello Guys I am new to this Group I am a SAS programmer right now but
> slowly wants to learn Oracle too, Can any of you guys can me a Road map
> of where to start and go from there ( I have business and computers
> major ) . Please advise me if possible, if there are any online free
> tutorials......... . I want to take OCP certification any good books or
> web sites in that direction would be greatly appriciated .
>
> Thanks all for the help and time
>
> By the way is this group matained by soley by google or something else
> ( I mean for SAS-L is somewhere but we can post via google )

I'd suggest not wasting time and money on OCP unless you have reason to believe in your country they are worth more than a cup of coffee: Not the case here in Starbuck's country.

Download a copy of Oracle from http://otn.oracle.com Read the concepts documents at http://tahiti.oracle.com Find a local Oracle user group
Find someone that knows Oracle to help you Find a local college or university that teaches Oracle Buy Tom Kyte's books
Check out the demos in Morgan's Library at www.psoug.org

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington