dbms_transaction.local_transaction_id in triggers

From: Shailesh <shailesh.saraff_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 May 2006 03:38:57 -0700

Hello,

I have one requirement, in one single transaction I have to do some processing only once. To address this requirement I am planning to use dbms_transaction.local_transaction_id.

Means on update <BaseTable> trigger executes and does insertion in some other tables, but in some transaction if I update same table multiple times (irrelevant of old/new values) NO insertion should happen in other tables.

Could you please elaborate on this as it is not clear to me how to reset package variable at the end of the transaction.

Please help, i would appreciate if you provide an example.

Thanks & Regards,

Shailesh Received on Wed May 10 2006 - 05:38:57 CDT