Re: Regarding TRANSACTION RECOVERY

From: Carlos <miotromailcarlos_at_netscape.net>
Date: 9 May 2006 06:43:44 -0700

>>The point being, Oracle can write to disk whenever it deems the most
>>performant time to do so because it is 100% protected by the redologs.
>>Is this not correct?

Typically, DBWn writes to disk dirty blocks on log switches, when there are few database buffers free, and by log_checkpoint_interval & log_checkpoint_timeout, but I was referring to log writes(LWR), not to block writes (DBWn / checkpoints).

HTH Cheers.

Carlos. Received on Tue May 09 2006 - 08:43:44 CDT