Re: Oracle 9i - Putty - tnsping works - connection does not!

From: <davidhbigelow_at_simplifiedlogic.com>
Date: 7 May 2006 19:28:44 -0700

Ok - i did not expect so many responses.

The local machine does NOT know the name of the remote machine - mainly because the remote machine is only accessable via Putty.

Putty is listening to the local machine and port calls. So -- when we have the oracle configuration calling a specific server and port, we tell the localmachine not to look around the network - only try to call the local machine's port 1500 -- which Putty is forwarding tot he remote machine and port (1521).

The TNSPING WORKS -- the actual connection fails.

Does this make sense? Or can some one provide some kind of step-by-step that works with Putty - if in fact I am not doing things corrrectly?

Thanks!!!

Dave Received on Sun May 07 2006 - 21:28:44 CDT