Re: Poor Performance on Oracle9i - 9.2.0.7

From: ianal Vista <ianal_vista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 01:56:03 GMT

"eavanzi" <eavanzi_at_romi.com.br> wrote in news:1147052813.678825.161960 @y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> Thanks for all.
>
> Hi Rajanish.
> I did run the bde_chk_cbo.sql and I did the changes but it not solved.
> I changed the compatible to 8.1.7 but it not solved, too.
>
> Hi, Ralph.
> My Solaris 2.6 is 32bit mode.
> I have searched something about /etc/system parameters but the max
> value that I got to the Oracle SGA was 2,78GB.
> There is a Sun doc about it - Solaris 2.6 (32bit) and the Oracle SGA.
> I did not search about Solaris 9 and SGA but I hope to use a bigger
> SGA. Perhaps 8GB or 10GB.

Ready, Fire, AIM!
1) Solaris 9 by itself will NOT allow the SGA to be larger than 2.75GB. You'll need to relink Oracle after changeing the base address for the SGA.

2) You have NO evidence that a larger SGA will result in better performance. In fact, it could make performance worse.

Without really know what is wrong, you keep randomly making changes & hope that one of them will make things better.

Use SQL_TRACE on the slow queries & make them faster! Received on Sun May 07 2006 - 20:56:03 CDT