Re: Adding Change Data Capture to Oracle 9i LOgical Standby Database

From: <dbaplusplus_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1 May 2006 14:57:04 -0700

Not sure what do you mean by Synchronous vs. Asynchronous. My understanding of CDC is that it adds the necessary triggers, so as changes are made to tables, CDC triggers will "fire" and record ("publish") changes in some CDC tables. How can this publish part be asynchronous. I hope we are talking about same CDC.

I want to run CDC in logical standby database instead of primary database if possible. Received on Mon May 01 2006 - 16:57:04 CDT