Re: Generating the next sequential key...

From: <timasmith_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1 May 2006 11:16:27 -0700

Neat test. Although I am always suspect that 20 machines accessing the database concurrently would have a different effect to 1 machine spawning 20 threads - the latter would probably generate less contension.

Data access code is Java and there is no problem writing a method per RDBMS - except I would rather write for a couple I can test and then ship some generic code for every other database so people could use it and not have to wait for the next release. Received on Mon May 01 2006 - 13:16:27 CDT