Re: Oracle 10g RAC load-balancing configuration

From: JEDIDIAH <jedi_at_nomad.mishnet>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:00:32 -0500

On 2006-04-25, hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> sudhanshu.gosw..._at_gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Everytime I try to start the database instances I get the following
>> error:
>>
>> SQL> startup pfile=init.ora
>> ORA-00119: invalid specification for system parameter REMOTE_LISTENER
>> ORA-00132: syntax error or unresolved network name 'LISTENERS_TPCC'
>> ORA-01078: failure in processing system parameters
>>
>> Can somebody please help me out in pointing out what am I doing wrong?
>
> Umm well my rac instances all use an spfile not a pfile.
>
> You can certainly start up a "single instance" with a pfile if for that
> instance cluster_database is set to false.
>
> But I don't know ( suspect not ) if you can bring up a real rac
> instance all the way using a pfile.

        RAC has no problems using a pfile. You can get yourself into the position where you can't create an spfile from it, but it works just fine.

--
	Linux: because everyone should get to drink the beer of their    |||
choice and not merely be limited to pretensious imports or hard cider.  / | \

                http://www.usenet.com