Re: Installing Designer

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 22:54:17 +0200

On 23 Apr 2006 10:59:04 -0700, "cooldude" <ahmed.barradah_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>My bad.....I reached this far where I am creating an owner for the
>repository and I am running this query:
>
> create tablespace temp_tbs_name datafile
> 'C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_2\database\tabletemp01.ora' size 4500k
>temporary;
>
>but I am getting this error:
>ORA-12913: Cannot create dictionary managed tablespac
>
>What does it mean??
>
>Thanks again for your promptly response!

This means you have a locally managed SYSTEM tablespace. Once you have a locally managed SYSTEM tablespace you can't create a dictionary managed tablespace anymore.
However the defaults for the CREATE TABLESPACE command didn't change. You'll need to add an EXTENT MANAGEMENT clause to your command.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA