Re: ALTER TABLE RENAME TO

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:02:20 -0700

Luis Santos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently discovered that, along with the old RENAME command, that can
> be used to RENAME a table (and some other database object type too) we
> can now use the command ALTER TABLE <table_name> RENAME TO <new_name>;
>
> The first improve of this new syntax is that we can now, logged with a
> DBA enable login, rename a table from another user.
>
> Is there any other improvements? Since which version is this feature
> enabled?
>
> --
> Best regards
> Luis Santos

You've got to be kidding.

When I received 10g I received a list, one paragraph per feature, with the changes from 9i: It was close to 50 pages long.

Hit http://otn.oracle.com for general information Hit http://tahiti.oracle.com for syntax
Hit Morgan's Library at www.psoug.org for demos

--
Daniel A. Morgan