Re: LANG and NLS_LANG for UTF8

From: <dbaplusplus_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Feb 2006 08:08:39 -0800

My database is on UNIX server and when I do export/import, I will of course have to set NLS_ LANG,
otherwise it defaults to ASCII and export gives warning message that export is being done in ASCII whereas database is in UTF8.

I can see if I insert data directly from Windows then I have to worry about NLS_LANG setting on PC and WE8MSWIN1252

Since I am on UNIX I am trying to figure where LANG value is required. As for as I know Oracle uses NLS_LANG for all its processing but If I am writing Java, C or C++ code to access database, I should also be setting LANG, Received on Thu Feb 16 2006 - 10:08:39 CST