Recovering database in NT

From: hassan <hajami_at_gmail.com>
Date: 15 Feb 2006 11:29:10 -0800

We had an NT machine running Oracle 8.0.5 crash recently. Someone recovered the machine using the NT recovery disk and now it is back up, but as a clean system.

The oracle files (programs and data) are still there but we cannot get anything to run as all the registry and system entries were erased by the recovery.

We already have a new machine ready to go but need the databse off the old one.

Is it possible to re-install oracle on the old machine and have it link back to the existing database? If it can link successfully, we can export the data and would be all set.

If that is not an option, can the data files be moved to the new machine and have the new installation of oracle link to them?

Hassan Received on Wed Feb 15 2006 - 13:29:10 CST