DBMS_DATAPUMP.ADD_FILE and network drives

From: Ryan <rwagner_at_iconect.com>
Date: 14 Feb 2006 14:56:34 -0800

How do you specifiy that you want a log file or dump file to be written to a path that is a mapped drive to a location on another computer?

In other words, I want to be able to specify

"CREATE DIRECTORY MY_DIR AS 'Y:\'" // where "Y:\" is is mapped to another drive on another machine through windows explorer

DBMS_DATAPUMP.ADD_FILE (..., FILENAME => 'my dump file.dmp', DIRECTORY
or

DBMS_DATAPUMP.ADD_FILE (...,FILENAME => 'MY_LOG_FILE.TXT', DIRECTORY => 'MY_DIR', ...); It will work if I substitute Y:\ for the actual network path ex "\\computer_name\dir1\" but will not work with the network directory "Y:\"

Thanks. Received on Tue Feb 14 2006 - 16:56:34 CST