Re: Custom Data in a CDC table

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 10:17:44 +0800

DA Morgan wrote:

> Jim Old School wrote:
> > the question is app-independent, since the CDC (Change Data Capture)
> > FEATURE of Oracle is app-independent, and anyone who would provide a
> > constuctive answer would know what CDC is (question is valid for 9i and
> > 10g, so version not necessary. CDC did not exist in 8.x)
> >
> > but gee, thanks anyway for exposing your anger to the world.
>
> Didn't see a version number: Did you?
> Didn't see any reference to Streams: Did you?
>
> Not anger. I am just hesitant to make too many assumptions about what
> someone is asking after I've had my coffee and am awake enough to know
> that important information is missing.
>
> Go to google.com and type in "CDC" and "History Table." There are 3,230
> possibilities most of them having nothing to do with Streams. Here's one
> of them:
> http://www.dmreview.com/awards/wcs/2005/ncarolinahospital.cfm
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> http://www.psoug.org
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace x with u to respond)

Come on Dan... no need to get shirty just because CDC didn't ring any bells with you. Next you'll be asking us to define SQL before using the acronym in a question.

:-)

--
Connor McDonald
Co-author: "Mastering Oracle PL/SQL - Practical Solutions"

web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk
web: http://www.oaktable.net
email: connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com

"Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat."