Re: Rollback

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 20:39:43 GMT

Shredder wrote:

> Is it the size of a tablespace that limits the rollback segment? I am
> trying to delete a large amount of data in a table and get an error that the
> rollback segment could not be created.

Version of Oracle and exact error message are critical when you post requests for help. For example, rollback segments are deprecated in favor of automated undo management in currently supported versions of Oracle.

Search http://asktom.oracle.com for more information on rollback segments problems and how to avoid them. For example, try instead to create a new table as select from the old table (CTAS) and then replace the old table, rather than trying to delete directly from the old.

-Mark Bole Received on Wed Nov 30 2005 - 14:39:43 CST