Re: Oracle Selects Sun As Reference Platform ... again

From: Matthias Hoys <idmwarpzone_NOSPAM__at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 20:41:13 +0100

> Because of it's stability?
>
> Because of it's coolness?
>
> Well at least you are honest with your biases but I can't say that I
> agree with either one of those 2 points. But maybe I am not
> understanding what you consider the comparisons to be.
>
> Stability compared to what exactly?
>
> Coolness compared to what exactly?

Actually I meant stability compared to Windows, not another UNIX system as Solaris.
Coolness : Linux can be played with at home, it has a very large online support community, it's "popular", there's tons of documentation available ... if i were starting a career as a Unix (or non-Windows :-)) sysadmin, I wouldn't want to choose Solaris or AIX, I'd go for Linux for sure. Received on Wed Nov 30 2005 - 13:41:13 CST