Re: Regarding reading records before a transaction started

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:57:02 +0100

On 30 Nov 2005 10:30:17 -0800, "saurangshu" <saurangshu_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>True. But, in my case the triggers on tables are not there and the
>people are not ready to provide it due to various performance reasons.
>Any comments on the current approach particularly from a performance &
>scalability stand point?
>
>Any other alternate idea if any?
>
>thanks,
>
>--saurangshu

So far, you have never provided anything but political cover your ass answers why a viable approach wasn't possible. As you are evidently not trying to address the political reasons, the only choice you have if to learn to live with it, and to get in writing why you can't change, in order to slam your management in the face with their signatures, once the app becomes unscalable (which it obviously will, as you are, if I'm understanding you correctly, executing fake transactions to get what you want).

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA