Re: 8i, 9i and 10g under the same W2K box

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 15:17:44 GMT

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 14:59:49 +0100, Laurent wrote:

> another question, must i use one listener or install a listener for each
> version of oracle server ?

One, and only one listener per server [machine]. Unless you have a reason for more - which should be very rare and done under the guidance of an advanced administrator.

I have to admit, I am concerned about the idea that you plan on using all versions of Oracle on the same machine while still needing to ask this question.

> if one listerner is appropriate, which one, an 8i or 10g for all the
> databases ?

Latest version ... Always choose latest version after verifying compatibility.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com